2017 Welcome Packet
Thank you for saying YES to yourself. YES to your life. YES to taking a “time-out” and giving yourself the space to BE. So many of us are running around saying YES to everyone else and this weekend it is time to say YES to you. We have created an experience that will allow you to tap into your childlike self - to play - to expand and to reconnect with those parts of yourself you may have lost or forgotten. They are still there and we are excited to help you tap back into that place and bring your best Camp Self out into the world.
Get ready to play, laugh, dance and sing around the campfire. Prepare to meet other inspiring women who are on a path to live a more purposeful and intentional life. To help you get ready, we have put together this handy dandy packet for you so that you can know everything you need to have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!
Your Camp Fire Stoker,
Get directions to Camp Saturna: 9514 Silver Lake Road, Maple Falls, WA.
On this page:
- How to Say Yes and How to Show Up
- Arrival and Departure
- No tech
- No drugs or alcohol
- No outside food
- Bathrooms and showers
- Leave no trace
- Camp Yes Schedule
- Camp Map
- Packing List
View a list of the 2017 Playshops here.
The top 3 things you need to know:
Sleeping gear: Remember to bring your own pillow and sleeping bag or blankets/sheets. If you're camping, bring a tent, sleeping bag, and any camping gear you need.
- Please arrive no later than 2pm on Friday. Be sure to download directions to Camp Saturna, because you will loose cell service on your way there. If you get lost, we will not be able to answer our phones. Take Mt. Baker Highway (542) east towards Maple Falls. When you come into Maple Falls go left (north) at the stop sign and go 4.5 miles. Camp Saturna will be on your right. Follow the signs to Camp Yes!
- Emergency phone #: If you absolutely need to get in touch with us Thursday or Friday, or want to share an emergency phone number, call the grounds manager at Camp Saturna, Danny: 360-603-376.
Notes & Reminders
How to Say Yes and How to Show Up
- Show up fully and engage 100%
- Have an open mind and heart
- Encourage and support each other with empathy and honesty
- Ask for what you need and take space when you need it
- Trust yourself and each other
- Be authentic and true to yourself
- Freely express yourself: your voice matters
Arrival and Departure
Arrive between 12-2 on Friday, and we’ll get started with activities that afternoon. We’ll have plenty to do over the weekend, and will wrap up Sunday afternoon around 2pm. We STRONGLY encourage you to arrive on time and be present for the entire weekend, but if you absolutely have to arrive a little late or leave a little earlier, please let us know in advance.
There will be no ins and outs for the duration of Camp Yes, except in case of emergency.
There’s no cell reception or wifi at Camp Saturna — a blessing in disguise! It helps to disconnect from the outside world to reconnect with yourself. We’ll provide you with an emergency landline number in case anyone needs to get ahold of you (stay tuned). If you reeeeeeally want to use your phone to take photos, we won't stop you. But you won't be able to get internet access, and we encourage you to leave your phone and any other tech in your bag. Let our official photographer and videographer capture the moment for you!
No Drugs or Alcohol
Drugs and alcohol are not allowed inside camp. We pride ourselves in creating a healthy and safe space for everyone to enjoy their time off-the-grid. Not all campers feel safe around substances and we thank you for helping us create this space.
No Outside Food
It’s known that many animals live near camp. Expect to see plenty of beautiful birds, bugs and small critters. Since there will be many of us, the chances of encountering any big wildlife are slim, but we want to make sure you are properly prepared. Please don’t bring outside food into camp — even if you think it’ll be cool to sneak in some chocolate or other delectables to share with your campmates … because when the ants come marching, it’s not that fun.
**If you have special dietary needs and need to bring your own food, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you. **
Communal Bathrooms and Showers
The Bunkhouse will have shared communal bathrooms and showers with private stalls. Campsites will be a 5-10 minute walk from the communal bathrooms and showers. The walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night may easily turn into an adventure where you meet new friends along the way. Remember to bring your headlamp with you!
Leave No Trace
This is a community effort. If you bring any packaging or garbage with you, please plan to pack it out when you leave and dispose of it outside of camp back home. Please do not bring glow sticks, glitter, and other messy items that might leave a footprint on our surroundings.
We will be composting and recycling everything we can, and will limit all of our trash onsite. Bring a reusable water bottle — there will be water stations throughout camp so you can fill up and stay hydrated.
Smokers: Camp is a Smoke-Free Environment. Please bring pocket ashtrays to dispose of the waste from your cigarette butts. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas at camp for fire safety and community purposes.
- Warm Blanket & Sheet Set (Twin) And/Or Sleeping Bag (camp can get cold!)
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Pillow (w/case)
- 2 Towels – for showering & swimming
- Extra Batteries
- Bug Repellent
- Waterproof Sunblock
- Government-Issued Form of I.D. (needed for entry)
- Light Clothing for yoga, dance, relaxation, meditation (pants/shorts/shirts)
- Long Socks & Short Socks
- Tank Tops
- Underwear / Bras
- Bathing Suits / Bathing Suit Cover up (Sarong)
- Sneakers or Walking Shoes
- Hiking Shoes or Boots
- Sun Hat
- Sweatshirt & Sweater
- Bandana + Scarf
- Jacket and Warm Clothes for Night
- Rain Jacket or Poncho (Be prepared in case it starts to rain! )
- Toothbrush / Toothpaste
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Feminine Products
- SPF Chapstick
- Glasses, Contacts, Contact Solution
Fun & Costumes
- Outfit & Props for Un-Talent Show
- Cozy Pajamas
- Favorite Costumes & Funny Hat(s)
- Book to read
- Instrument (guitar, uke, harmonica, saxophone, violin, flute, etc…)
- Personal Yoga Mat
- Hammock to add to the Hammock Zone if you have one
- Extra Art Supplies
- Analog Camera: Disposable or Film Only
- Picnic Blanket
- Cabin Flare: Posters / photos of your family / etc. to decorate your bunk
- Board Games / Cards / Frisbee / Hula-hoop / Slack-line / etc.
- Baseball glove, footballs, sports equip.
- “Pocket Ashtray” for smokers. **
- Combination lock for your bag ***
- Gifts/telegrams for new & old friends
- Banners, Signs, Props, and anything else that might make camp more fun
** Camp Yes! is a Smoke-Free Environment. Please be prepared to smoke in only the designated smoking areas at camp.
*** If you must bring something of value into camp, be prepared to lock it away in your bag.