Say yes to yourself.
July 28-30, 2017 • Maple Falls, WA
We're planning the most amazing, epic, life-changing weekend ever — all that's missing is YOU. Camp Yes is perfect for you if: You're ready to bust your camp self (the most real and authentic version of you) out into the real world. You're hungry for a deeper and more meaningful connection to yourself and others. You crave a powerful community of women who are willing and ready to be real.
Location & Accomodations
We’ll be hanging out at beautiful Camp Saturna, about two hours north of Seattle. You will have the option of staying in an indoor bunkhouse, or camping under the stars. Right on Silver Lake, Camp Saturna has:
- A modern bunkhouse with bunks for 40, shared indoor bathrooms, and lounge
- 133 Acres of land with hikes, waterfront, camping, climbing wall, and more
- Over one mile of waterfront on Silver Lake, with docks, boating, swimming, and more
There will be campfires, pj parties, arts & crafts, personal development playshops, hikes in some of the most beautiful mountains in the world, swimming in alpine lakes, relay races, stand-up paddle boarding, rock climbing, canoeing… like a real summer camp!
- Say 'YES!' to Your Superpower: How to Know It, Own It & Speak It!, with Maggy Sterner
- Storytelling 101 - Strength in Vulnerability, with Brianne Benness
- Brush Pen Calligraphy: Hand-Lettered Quotes for Fun and Fulfillment, with Anna Swenson
- Poempowerment; Celebrating Identity via Written & Spoken Word, with Savanah Jordan
- Discovering Yourself in Nature: What Nature has to show you about who you really are, with Suzanne Bontempo
- Zine Making: The Book of You, with Molly McLeod
- Handcrafted Inspirational Art Journals, with Corinna Marcia
- Improv and Theater Games, with Margaret Teshner
- DIY Time Travel: Conversations with Your Future Self, with Shelly Ni
- Open Space Playshop, with Jenni Spicer
- ...and more to come!
Getting to Camp
From Bellingham: 45-60 minutes
From Seattle: 2-3 hours
We encourage carpooling! Find or offer a ride here.
We recommend flying into Bellingham, WA if possible! There are cheap, direct flights on Allegiant and Alaska Airlines from Portland, Oakland, and many other cities. You can also fly into Seattle.
Camp registration is between 12-2 on Friday July 28th, so we recommend flying in on Thursday if you're coming from out of town. If you need a place to stay the night before (or after) camp, or want to find folks to carpool with, check out this coordination page.
Friday July 28th
12-2pm - Check-in
3pm - CAMP WELCOME!
Playshop 1 (Your Choice)
Saturday July 29th
Playshop 2 (Your Choice)
Free Time - Choose Your Own Adventure!
Hike, Climb, Canoe, Paddle board
Playshop 3 (Your Choice)
Un-talent Show & Evening Activities
Sunday July 30th
Playshop 4 (Your Choice)
2pm - Closing Circle - Happy Goodbyes
2017 will be the very first Camp Yes — but Marli and Molly have years of experience organizing retreats, conferences, and other events. We can’t wait to welcome you into our inaugural community!
Marli is a speaker, facilitator, coach and inspiration generator whose mission in life is to inspire and empower people to do more and be more than they ever thought possible. She works with schools, universities, and organizations to enhance and create inclusive, inspiring communities where everyone feels valued, important and empowered to make positive changes in their communities and in their lives. Learn more about how she can help you at marliwilliams.com.
Molly is a designer, artist, and educator based in Oakland, CA. She loves creating amazing experiences for people — whether it’s designing board games, helping local governments design better services for people, making zines about creativity and friendship, or organizing a summer camp! See more of her work at mollymcleod.com or on Twitter/Instagram @mollyampersand.
We’re working with an amazing team of women to bring you the best weekend ever!